West Virgnia Trial Course
Torence
2010-11-30 14:20:35 UTC
MWB Frank Haas will be in court on Monday 12/6/10.

The Judge has apparently ruled in a pre-trial hearing the following:
1. The Grand Master did not have the authority to expel a member based
on the Laws of Masonry (West Virginia Lawbook).
2. The State of West Virginia has the authority to rule and force a
private organization to follow its own rules.
3. The Grand Lodge had filed a motion to not allow any discussions
regarding race. Their argument was that race was not pertinent to the
case. She denied it and my understanding is that she indicated that it
is pertinent to the case.

Fraternally,
Torence Evans Ake
Secretary - Auburn Park Lodge No. 789 - Crete, Illinois
PM - Arcadia Lodge No. 1138 - Lansing, Illinois
hamilton
2010-12-01 03:07:09 UTC
Post by Torence
MWB Frank Haas will be in court on Monday 12/6/10.
1. The Grand Master did not have the authority to expel a member based
on the Laws of Masonry (West Virginia Lawbook).
2. The State of West Virginia has the authority to rule and force a
private organization to follow its own rules.
3. The Grand Lodge had filed a motion to not allow any discussions
regarding race. Their argument was that race was not pertinent to the
case. She denied it and my understanding is that she indicated that it
is pertinent to the case.
Fraternally,
Torence Evans Ake
Secretary - Auburn Park Lodge No. 789 - Crete, Illinois
PM - Arcadia Lodge No. 1138 - Lansing, Illinois
Are there any links for the original complaint ?

hamilton
hamilton
2010-12-01 23:41:32 UTC
Post by hamilton
Post by Torence
MWB Frank Haas will be in court on Monday 12/6/10.
1. The Grand Master did not have the authority to expel a member based
on the Laws of Masonry (West Virginia Lawbook).
2. The State of West Virginia has the authority to rule and force a
private organization to follow its own rules.
3. The Grand Lodge had filed a motion to not allow any discussions
regarding race. Their argument was that race was not pertinent to the
case. She denied it and my understanding is that she indicated that it
is pertinent to the case.
Fraternally,
Torence Evans Ake
Secretary - Auburn Park Lodge No. 789 - Crete, Illinois
PM - Arcadia Lodge No. 1138 - Lansing, Illinois
Are there any links for the original complaint ?
hamilton
Never mind, I found it on google.

Sad state of affairs.

hamilton
Torence
2010-12-01 23:42:36 UTC
Post by hamilton
Post by Torence
MWB Frank Haas will be in court on Monday 12/6/10.
1. The Grand Master did not have the authority to expel a member based
on the Laws of Masonry (West Virginia Lawbook).
2. The State of West Virginia has the authority to rule and force a
private organization to follow its own rules.
3. The Grand Lodge had filed a motion to not allow any discussions
regarding race. Their argument was that race was not pertinent to the
case. She denied it and my understanding is that she indicated that it
is pertinent to the case.
Fraternally,
Torence Evans Ake
Secretary - Auburn Park Lodge No. 789 - Crete, Illinois
PM - Arcadia Lodge No. 1138 - Lansing, Illinois
Are there any links for the original complaint ?
hamilton
The case started more than five years ago. Start here:
http://www.masonic-crusade.com/index.php
and then finish and participate, if you can, here: http://masonic-crusade.com/wordpress

Chris H
2010-12-02 15:27:02 UTC
Post by Torence
MWB Frank Haas will be in court on Monday 12/6/10.
1. The Grand Master did not have the authority to expel a member based
on the Laws of Masonry (West Virginia Lawbook).
2. The State of West Virginia has the authority to rule and force a
private organization to follow its own rules.
3. The Grand Lodge had filed a motion to not allow any discussions
regarding race. Their argument was that race was not pertinent to the
case. She denied it and my understanding is that she indicated that it
is pertinent to the case.
You are going to have to explain what this is all about. Many of us will
have no idea what has happened in West Virginia to cause this any more
than you will know why the GP Secretary in Warwickshire retired.
Doug Freyburger
2010-12-02 15:27:14 UTC
Post by Torence
MWB Frank Haas will be in court on Monday 12/6/10.
What a mess for any of this to have happened in the first place. I take
the side of MWB Haas.
Post by Torence
3. The Grand Lodge had filed a motion to not allow any discussions
regarding race. Their argument was that race was not pertinent to the
case.
As the core actions resolving around this case are PHA recognition and
visits their argument can hardly be discribed as other than a lie. Very
sad.
Post by Torence
She denied it and my understanding is that she indicated that it
is pertinent to the case.
Thanks, Judge!