alt.freemasonry
KIV11
2011-06-29 14:12:04 UTC
Well, it looks like it has finally happened! There hasn't been a new
post to alt.freemasonry in the past 2 days. Perhaps even the anti-
Masons are tired of reading their own garbage without getting a
responsible response which they could then, in the past, refute with
more made up stories and untrue 'facts'.

======================================= MODERATOR'S COMMENT:
(MODERATOR: A sign of the Apocalypse? -DV)
Doug Freyburger
2011-06-30 02:43:42 UTC
Post by KIV11
Well, it looks like it has finally happened! There hasn't been a new
post to alt.freemasonry in the past 2 days. Perhaps even the anti-
Masons are tired of reading their own garbage without getting a
responsible response which they could then, in the past, refute with
more made up stories and untrue 'facts'.
Masons have finally started to response to Antnis. And we've done so
mostly by pointing out how insane they are and that we are praying for
them to recover their sanity. It's a very effective response.

Also google groups has been down for a few days and plenty of the loons
use google because anyone can open up a free account and rant away
anonymously that way.

So that's the long (term) and short (term) of it in my view.
Mudge
2011-06-30 02:49:19 UTC
Post by KIV11
Well, it looks like it has finally happened! There hasn't been a new
post to alt.freemasonry in the past 2 days. Perhaps even the anti-
Masons are tired of reading their own garbage without getting a
responsible response which they could then, in the past, refute with
more made up stories and untrue 'facts'.
(MODERATOR: A sign of the Apocalypse? -DV)
Not so - there have been at least 50 messages (maybe one or two of
which were "Masonic") - you have a server problem matey !
--
The Canadian Curmudgeon (in Calgary)
Fix the biosphere - eliminate people
Janet Wintermute
2011-06-30 14:33:23 UTC
Post by KIV11
Well, it looks like it has finally happened! There hasn't been a new
post to alt.freemasonry in the past 2 days. Perhaps even the anti-
Masons are tired of reading their own garbage without getting a
responsible response which they could then, in the past, refute with
more made up stories and untrue 'facts'.
Sigh. Alt.fm was a great place to be from 1995 to the fall of 1997,
when the fundies took over.

I left when one of them opined that he hoped I would "cook in hell."

--Janet Wintermute
Eastern Order of International Co-Freemasonry
Atlanta Lodge No. 21
ptk1071
2011-07-01 19:57:49 UTC
On 6/29/2011 10:12 AM, KIV11 wrote:> Well, it looks like it has finally happened! There hasn't been a new
Post by KIV11
post to alt.freemasonry in the past 2 days. Perhaps even the anti-
Masons are tired of reading their own garbage without getting a
responsible response which they could then, in the past, refute with
more made up stories and untrue 'facts'.
Sigh.  Alt.fm was a great place to be from 1995 to the fall of 1997,
when the fundies took over.
I left when one of them opined that he hoped I would "cook in hell."
--Janet Wintermute
Eastern Order of International Co-Freemasonry
Atlanta Lodge No. 21
You know of all the 'types' of antis it's this bunch I undertand the
least. They claim to be closer to Jesus or whatever yet they act like
boars and hate just about everyone...I guess I'll never get it.

Bill A.
Jr. Warden
Potunk Lodge #1071
Tom Accuosti
2011-11-23 16:19:28 UTC
Post by KIV11
Well, it looks like it has finally happened! There hasn't been a new
post to alt.freemasonry in the past 2 days. Perhaps even the anti-
Masons are tired of reading their own garbage without getting a
responsible response which they could then, in the past, refute with
more made up stories and untrue 'facts'.
Sigh. Alt.fm was a great place to be from 1995 to the fall of 1997, when
the fundies took over.
I left when one of them opined that he hoped I would "cook in hell."
As more people have some kind of broadband access, it's not as difficult
to communicate on web forums and social networking sites.
Usenet is being slowly abandoned. In fact, when my ISP dropped Usenet
access, I didn't even bother looking for another option because I hadn't
really been using it much, myself.

I only showed up on alt.freemasonry in 2000 or so, but the fundies and
kooks weren't so bad that it made conversation impossible.
--
Tom Accuosti
http://masonictao.com