st Germain
blue__beard
2009-09-15 01:09:15 UTC
anyone know if there is any evidence of Comte de St. Germain being a
freemason?

thanks in advance,
~r
Janet Wintermute
2009-09-15 15:06:03 UTC
anyone know if there is any evidence of Comte de St. Germain being a Freemason?
One of Manly P. Hall's books has a passage describing the initiation of
the Count Cagliostro and his wife by Saint-Germain. The implication is
that it was their initiation into Freemasonry.

The event took place in sort of a cave with Saint-Germain perched on an
altar, sitting cross legged and wearing a vest paveed with diamonds.

I don't find my memory very reliable lately, but I think the information
comes from Hall's "Freemasonry and the Ancient Egyptians."

--Janet
j***@wanadoo.fr
2009-09-16 12:52:18 UTC
Comte de Saint-Germain, born 28 may 1696 at Kis-Topolisany (Hungary), son of
Francois Leopold and Charlotte Amelie de Hesse-Rheinfeld
Initiated in Germany, member of the german Strict Observance, he
participated in the Paris and Willemsbad conventions in 1782.
Louis XV's secret agent
Deceased 27 february 1784 at Eckernfoerde.
Also known as Count Sumont, Soltinoff, Rackozy etc.
Hi,
~r
blue__beard
2009-09-17 13:38:13 UTC
Post by j***@wanadoo.fr
Comte de Saint-Germain, born 28 may 1696 at Kis-Topolisany (Hungary), son
of Francois Leopold and Charlotte Amelie de Hesse-Rheinfeld
Initiated in Germany, member of the german Strict Observance, he
participated in the Paris and Willemsbad conventions in 1782.
Louis XV's secret agent
Deceased 27 february 1784 at Eckernfoerde.
Also known as Count Sumont, Soltinoff, Rackozy etc.
Post by blue__beard
Hi,
anyone know if there is any evidence of Comte de St. Germain being a
freemason?
thanks in advance,
~r
Thank you both!
I'm looking for some concerete evidence, like a lodge book entry or
something along that line.

S&F,
~r